16 November 2009

EAST...in the works

This weekend, November 20-1, as part of a collaborations class in the St. Ed' s photocommunications proram, I will be installing a sculptural piece for East Austin Studio Tours. I have some finishing touches left on the piece itself, as well as the most important aspect of the project, to install it in the exhibition space, which is an empty lot between two houses on Haskell Street. The official EAST website is here: http://www.eastaustinstudiotour.com/

I am compiling a book of photographs and sketches documenting the making of this piece, as well as an audio piece and some video art that I have been working on in the past few months. The books for the audio and video works will include a cd/dvd as well as photos and sketches.

here are some images of myself at work on the sculptural piece, and some installation view shots that could double as self portraits...